Thursday, July 19, 2007

Welcome to The Horner Review

Hey all. Welcome to the Horner Review. A lot of people seemed enthusiastic about my reviews that I have written for Horner Scores over at the Horner Shrine, so I figured I would dedicate this new blog to writing reviews of his scores for all to enjoy. 

A little background on how I review.
  • You will rarely see me refer to specific track titles, or even numbers. I used to listen to scores on my CD Player, but now a days I listen to them, lights out, laying on my bed, with my eyes closed, allowing me to soak up the music without any other distraction or notation. 
  • I think it is important to consider the wishes of an artist in enjoying their work (after all, it gives a different perspective on it when you see it from theirs), and noting how Horner emphasizes moods, colors, and emotions, this is how I like to listen to his work.
  • Sometimes I will take notes on things I find particularly noteworthy, but I likely will only do that with brand new scores. Scores I am rereviewing or have been out for a while, I am bound to talk only in more generalities and impressions/moods the music gave me. 
  • I am bound to change reviews from time to time, as you will see from my first one.

I hope you all will add this blog to your RSS feeds as I intend to update. I will only update if I know people are reading, so please leave comments and feedback. I'd love to hear from you and would love to hear your opinions. 

Thank you so much for reading, and here is to happy listening.

1 comment:

NL197 said...

Glad to be reading!